During the African Utility Week, the Dutch embassy will host an online masterclass ‘Biomass opportunities in South Africa’ on November 25 , from 11:30-12:30 CET (12:30-13:30 local South African time). The masterclass is focused on stimulating the cooperation between the Dutch PPP on benificiation biomass in South Africa and local communities and companies.
- ‘Benificiation biomass residues and the Dutch consortium’ – Emiel Hanekamp, senior partner, Partners for Innovation (
- ‘Drying and torrefaction of biomass residues’ – Joris Spaan, Yilkins
- ‘Opportunities for household energy’ – Ruben Walker, Founder and CEO, African Clean Energy
- ‘Opportunities for biofuels’ –Bart-Willem ten Cate, Low-Carbon Strategist, Finco Fuel group
- ‘Certification and inspection of biomass and biofuels’ – Jordi Meijer, Managing Director South Africa, Control Union
- ‘Potential socio-economic impacts of biomass beneficiation’ – Garth Barnes, Deputy Director, SA Department of Environmental Affairs
- ‘Sustainable biomass – role and ambition of the Dutch government’ – Kees Kwant, Senior Expert Bioenergy and liaison Circular Biobased Economy, Netherlands Enterprise Agency part of Ministry of Economic Affairs
Click here for more information.